Sunday, May 4, 2008

Please Send Prayers For Jill

Here is our last branding picture. I had to put this one in because she asked all afternoon to ride Jitters with Grandpa. I just can't believe it was that time of year again. I tend to mark the days with recurring events that happen at the same time every year, and each one just seems to come faster and faster!
PLEASE send your prayers to Jill this week. She was admitted to the hospital with severe pneumonia after going to the emergency room Saturday with chest pains. She has a severe infection and will likely be in the hospital for a few more days. Her white blood cell count was more than three times normal (I guess normal is a ratio of 6, with 10 being an infection. Hers was a 26 yesterday). Her white blood count was down to 22 today, and she is on several antibiotics, oxygen and breathing treatments. She will recover, but it will take weeks and be very painful. Natalie keeps asking about her. We've been to see her several times, and she understands that the hospital and tubes will help make her better. She is so cute and just sits on the bed with her and lays her head on Jill. I'm convinced children really do understand more of the world around them than they can tell us.
Anyway, hope you all have a better week than we've started out with! Kyle should be home for a week or so now, which is wonderful. I'm not sure I'm too cut out for the single parent thing. I'm sure hormones have a lot to do with it! Yes, Beckett is doing well and moving around a lot. We have an appointment Tuesday for a checkup. Hugs to all.

4 comments:

Ashli said...

Give Jill a HUGE hug from us and tell her that we will add her to our prayers. I hope that having Kyle around will help you get some rest when that baby boy will be nice enough to let you. So the name is Beckett..?????.

Anonymous said...

Hoping Jill is healing by the hour! It's scary how a cold can morph into something really serious before you know it.
Miss Natalie is looking like quite the cowgirl, and loving it. Wonderful photos, Jessa. Beckett will probably emerge knowing how to wrestle and brand. . . And Maddie growing so fast - I'm afraid she'll be a teenager before I get to meet her! Too bad Logan isn't in the neighborhood; what a gift that would be for Momma. Sounds like you're doing a great job making up time for the Cowboy Carnival doings; computer crash timing is eerie!
Hugs to all, Grammie

Anonymous said...

hey tharps! JILL, GET WELL SOON!! Great pictures mama jessica - I wish I could be there for some of them!! Can't wait till you guys come in July, I am for sure going to take some time off work!!! keep up the cowboy life as usual and keep the pictures a comin...

Anonymous said...

Good morning everyone, Thank you Jess for being so terrific and to everyone for your prayer, good thoughts, and hugs. Words can not express the appreciation that I have for you, Kyle, Jess, Natalie, and even little Beckett for the hours and support you have given me during this sickness YOU GUYS are truly terrific. I feel so blessed to not be contagious as the hours that Natalie spent with me in the hospital bed just giving me love and strength and courage will be with me forever. I wish everyone a terrific day! Love, Hugs, and Prayer right back to everyone. Rats everytime I try to send this it says incorrect password. JESS HELP