Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life is Good

Life is good. What more can a girl ask for than a beautiful horse to ride on a sunny day...
And a warm potty throne on which to relax? Yesterday was another spectacular day outside, and Natalie decided she wanted to take a ride on Momma Stormy. She is going to have more and more fun with the animals the older she gets, and I so admire her adventurous spirit. She is just inspiring. Yesterday was also our best potty day so far. I really think she's getting the idea. I ordered some padded panties to take out in public, and she has sometimes quit wetting during her naps. She is a real trooper and even roots us on when we potty! She stands there and gives us the thumbs up sign, saying "good job. you did it!" It is too cute. This morning is the first morning we did not start off with an accident after we put panties on.
I hope you all are having as much fun with this blog as I am. It is much easier and more fun than I expexted it to be. It is such a great way to keep up with each other. Remind everyone they can leave comments as often as you like! I like hearing from all of you, too. Dad, thanks for your post last night. It was really beautiful and reminded me of that poem you wrote for me my senior year of highschool. I still have it. But I can't stop her from growing up! She wants to be bigger and be able to do so many new things every day. I'm just glad I have to reign her in sometimes rather than push her to experience things. Hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week and a relaxing weekend. Kyle will be home this weekend, then heads to North Dakota for a week on Monday. The days sometimes get lonely (especially with pregnancy hormones running rampant!), so anyone is welcome to come visit! I have a feeling we'll be having a play group or two next week...maybe a road trip to Cody or something. Suz, want to meet there? :)

6 comments:

Ashli said...

I, too, loved the writing from your father. That was so sweet...you need to print it out for a scrapbook page. You could come up to visit us next week. We're knda stuck here now that we have to deal with preschool in the middle of the week. I've been wanting to come down for a while now, but can't do it unless we come over a weekend. Grady has been busy with the MATE and then goes on call this weekend. I guess we'll see what we can do. I get lonely when he is working late, so I don't know how you do it. I love your blog too. Could I stick a link to it on mine? It makes checking them faster for me.

Anonymous said...

We love you Natalie!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Hello, Thank you for the terrific day. I am so proud of you Natalie and also Jess and Kyle. I am so proud that there were no accidents today at Church or Grandma's house. It is hard to believe that you guys have been working at the task for less that a week. Like Natalie would do thumbs up, Yea and good job and clap. I can't believe how much you are growing up. You seem to grow taller everyday. Thank you for showing me the new baby calf. Alway remember how terrific you all are. I love you all sooooo much. Please have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Hey there T-Fam 3 + 1:
I heard a rumor that there will be two specia guests to my graduation this spring instead of one! Yay!
Auntie Sumsum is pretty sick with a bad sore throat on this chilly sunny Monday in LA, so spending extra time on the laptop I finaly am able to check out Life Way Out Yonder blogger! Tell little Natalie that as soon as shes ready, she can come for a visit and Aunti will take her to Disneyland!!!! Good Job on the Potty little lady. Hope number 2 is doing well so far.... :)

Talk soon, Love you lots, Auntie Sumsum

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi it's Auntie Hannah!!!!
Way ta go natalie on the potty! Its ok if you need to take your socks off while you go (esp #2). I understand the compulsion to do so and it really does make the experience more comfortable. Later on we'll start a no-socks club....you let me know kiddo. I can tell you love the riding the horses and while I have no idea what you talked about for 7 minutes on the phone to me today, I'm sure some of it was about the ponies. Hope you have more fun adventures tomorrow, Love U!!

Anonymous said...

hey jessica--it's terry...it was fun to read your blog and see your pictures--you young mothers are amazing to me!!! you go natalie!! my little grandson in wyoming is really fighting potty training and he is MUCH older than you!!!