Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hoorah!!! The potty update

OK, I am breathing a little easier tonight. I know we still have a long way to go, but we had a pee and a poop in the potty today! We were so excited. She knows now that she gets a sticker whenever she sits on the potty and tries to go, and whenever she does go she gets to pick out a new toy horse (I bought a set of baby horses at Pamida). Of course they are all named Patches. Anyway, I thought we had a great success today and just had to share it with everyone! Ashli, thanks for your advice. It made me feel like I wasn't doing anything wrong, it just may take her some time. Hope you all had a great weekend and will have a good week. Things are good with "Little Seahorse" too.

2 comments:

Ashli said...

YAY!!! I should try the sticker for the attempt deal. Fiona will sit and sit, but only goes as a result of good timing on my part. She tried again last night, but may just be too young.

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy the journey. You know they'll learn. No one wants to wear a diaper to first grade. With the sun out more often I made a move to wash the windows.....until I saw the nose and finger prints down low, reminders of my little visitor in the depths of winter, solstice time. Decided to leave them there for a while; makes it easy to hear the echoes of little feet that only stopped to sleep. The darkest third of the year has passed, we survived another winter, and Natalie will be sprouting like the trees for another year's growth. Don't grow up too fast little girl..... mess up a few more diapers for me please.