Friday, February 15, 2008

Another Beautiful Day Outside


Even though we thought we were supposed to get more snow, the last couple of days have again been beautiful. Natalie got more practice driving her gator, and I got so tired of pulling her out of the ditch when she doesn't steer that I set the wheel to the right and just let her drive around in a big circle. It worked great! She has also been very attentive at helping me feed, and here she is giving our filly JJ a treat.
We are taking a big step tomorrow (OK, I guess it's just big for me) when she goes to Billings with Grandma and Grandpa Tharp and Great Grandpa Chauncey. They are going up for a relative's birthday, and they offered to take her so I can get some beading done for the jewelry show in March. This is the first time I have let someone TAKE her somewhere somewhat far away. Usually she is just camped out at a grantparent's home for the day. Anyway, I'm sure things will be fine and I will have no reason to drive to Billings to save the day like every mother fears. It will be really fun for those distant relatives to meet her for the first time.
As for me, I'll be all by myself! Kyle got sent to Rock Springs for a while, so I plan on working JJ to teach her how to lunge, cleaning the house and beading. I could not ask for better projects, and I'm really looking forward to taking advantage of the good weather with my filly. She's a smart one, so I'm hoping she'll pick things up fast. I need to get some of her ground work done before I send her to a trainer friend of ours later this spring. Since I won't be able to get on her for the first time, I'm sending her to someone who cannot hurt his growing belly! Hope you all have a relaxing weekend and enjoy all your blessings. Hugs to all.

2 comments:

Ashli said...

That Gator sure looks like it is getting used! I can't believe that she is big enough to drive it already. I'm also happy to hear that you are going to let someone else do the "brave & dangerous" things with the horse. Have a great long weekend!

Anonymous said...

YeeHaw - ride'em little cowgirl! Now that Grammie has finally learned how this blog thing works. . . What a great way to share the daily doings and pix. Natalie changes so quickly; seems like she couldn't even reach the Gator pedal at her birthday. And little sis/bro will be here before we know it. Yeah! It will be so fun to see the new changes with Natie and JJ and Jess next month. Love to all!