Sunday, March 30, 2008

Springtime Fun...We Are So Blessed

Natalie had lots of fun play time with Grammie before she had to go home.


Sorry, I forgot to rotate this picture. It's Natalie riding Bella.


Here is Natalie playing tag with Patches, her new bum lamb from Grandpa Chauncey. Don't worry, she lives at Graendma's until she is old enough to be outside in a few weeks.


Natalie holding Mini-Patches. They were both bum twins, and she wanted to name them both Patches, but we convinced her to stick the "mini" in front of the smaller one.


Natalie and Grandma feeding Mini.

Although it is nechnically spring, we only reached about 32 degrees today with a few snow flurries. We are supposed to get more snow tonight, which is good. We definitely need the moisture. Natalie spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa Tharp's so I could sleep in (THANK YOU!!!), so I went out to get her today and got some pictures of her with her lambs. They wag their tails and follow her, and it is so cute. We (Well, I did. Natalie was asleep in the car) also enjoyed a fun visit with the Forshee's on our way home. Kruze is getting so big and look so much like his daddy! Nate and Adrienne, thanks for the humorous and enlightening conversation...it made my day!



This past week has been busy. Natalie and I made another trip to Cody to finalize some book issues before it goes to print, and we got to play a lot outside. Grammie left Wednesday, and we miss having her around! She was a huge help, and Natalie still asks where she is! We are excited to see the whole Portland gang in July when we go for a wedding. My nice neighbor Cindy is going to help me get my garden ready to plant this week, and Kyle should be home tomorrow! I also hope to start some ground work with my filly this week. Natalie and I will attend Great Aunt Bertha's funeral tomorrow. She was married to Grandpa Eddie's brother and had a wonderful life of 98 years. She was sharp until the day she died, always knowing who Natalie and I were. She even made it to Natalie's baby shower the week after she was born. She was a fun lady and loved by many in the community.



This past week was an emotional one for me, but I know all will be better this next week. We really miss Daddy when he's gone. Hope you all had a fun weekend and have a great week planned. Hugs to all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lambies are toooo cute! Grandma Jill, thank you for taking this project on - Natalie is clearly delighted! My life seems so quiet now; I do miss the singing and dancing and wagon trips. Miss YOU ALL, looking forward to next visit. Am glad I got to meet Aunt Bertha last year, and glad Kyle is able to get home for the funeral. And very happy to hear you will have a garden again this year! Hugs, Grammie

Ashli said...

Those babies are adorable. Too bad they don't stay that size and could be house broken. I'd love a baby lamb or calf as a pet. I'm also glad that you got to visit the Forshee family. We have yet to meet that little man. I hope that you can overcome this hormonal rollercoaster of emotions. That is one of the hard parts of being pregnant. I am feeling for you. We should be back in the next few weeks to deliver Pampered Chef goodies to everyone, so maybe we can visit then. Have a great week outside and with your hubby.

Forshee Family said...

Want you to know I am grateful for your friendship and your visit ment much to me. You a have always been a good friend!
Adrienne
PS you look beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Jess, Your blog continues to be great for keeping up with the Tharp clan. Thanks for the dedication. The photos are appreciated to see ever changing Natalie. Waiting for the latest from the doctor. Your jewelry is beautiful. Hello to everyone.
Love, IPA