Saturday, March 1, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Well, here are the pictures I promised from last week. I'm sorry to say I have not taken any new ones this week. These are from our hours and hours outside last week before Kyle left. Once again, it was beautiful! Natalie tried her balance out on some scrap wood. A future in gymnastics may be in store...
She also had fun on our last remaining patch of snow under our big pine trees. This week there is just a bit left, but I have a feeling we'll get some more soon.
She was also a "big help" to Daddy as he moved some large stones to cover the top on one of our wells. The cover doesn't fit too snug and she discovered it outside, so we burried it under several big rocks.
And here is our beloved Linus Kitty. He was gone for about three weeks earlier this month and then mysteriously re-appeared. Since we have been chasing off other wild strays that eat our food, our two outside kitties have been around a lot more. We've had to get aggressive with the strays because they were under the house ripping up the insulation! And since they're gone, we are only having to put out half as much food as before. I think they just got mean towards our kitties and ate their food. Ours are on the small side and are very sweet. Anyway, Linus is glad to be back and hasn't left since.
Everything else is fine with us. Kyle will hopefully be home sometime Sunday. With a 10 hour drive I'm not expecting him early! Natalie has a play date with Grandpa this afternoon to meet his new PUPPIES! Yes, he is adopting one-year old and 6-week old catahoula puppies. They are good cow dogs, and the little one is a girl who will eventually be Turk's "wife." I didn't know arranged marriages were still popular. She's so excited to meet the new pups, and I get the afternoon to work on some beading. I head to the Billings show in two weeks! I'm very excited.
In potty news, we had a long play date with lots of kids/moms at the park yesterday, then took the kids out to pizza. The whole trip lasted about three hours, and we had no accidents! I asked her several times to try, and she never went, but she had enough control to hold it that long. I was so proud of her. Daddy will be very impressed when he gets home. It just seems like he's been gone forever this time! All of us moms made comment yesterday that our of all the kids we had there, there was only one boy! Poor Britton was on the outs with some of the girls for a bit, and I said I would do my best to bring another boy to the group this year! Little Seahorse is doing fine. I'm not as sick as I used to be, just tired. I have another doctor appointment before I go to Billings. I think Kyle will try to come to hear the heartbeat if he's around.
Hope you all have a fun weekend without bad weather, sick kids or major inconveniences!

4 comments:

Ashli said...

I hope you enjoyed your mommy time today. I can't believe how fast Natalie has trained! I am really excited for Fiona to be out of diapers, especially since Myles thinks that he likes the formula better than mommy all day. I'm still the best at night...or should I say the only? We look forward to seeing you all soon. Have a great day tomorrow & tell Kyle hello from us up north.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Spring out there. I'm glad you found some more time to work on beading - therapeutic, isn't it. Good job on the Potty Project! Nattie looks older with each posting; can hardly wait to witness the growth myself! So glad sweet little Linus is home safe and sound. Welcome home, Kyle! Lotsa love to all, mom

Forshee Family said...

Yippy Puppy!
I love the picture with Kyle and your cat.
Happy day

Anonymous said...

beauttiful pictures there jess, we love em! we really love natalie dancing, that was great! love u guys, laura and valerie