Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all our family and friends! It has been over a week since I posted, but I have actually been getting things accomplished. I know, hard to imagine. We hope you all had a blessed holiday. We spent the day in Hyattville after church, and it was fun to have family from both sides join us. Above is a picture of Natalie with her Tharp cousins and a friend at the Easter egg hunt after church. There was more candy than eggs, so they just threw the candy on the lawn for the little kids. Natalie ended up with several pounds, which Daddy will take to work tomorrow to share with the big boys.
Here is the egg hunter herself. All Daddy got to do was hold the bag...
Here she is showing incredible speed and dedication as she runs to another candy cluster.
And here is Miss Natalie coloring in her tutu that I got her at a craft show in Billings last weekend. She wore it the whole morning! My jewelry show was fun, but not as busy as I anticipated. I was talking to several other vendors who had been there before, and they all said it was the slowest year they had ever had. I think gas prices and the economy are really taking a toll, plus it is not really a holiday gift season. None the less, it was great to see friends and eat at good restaurants. I stayed Saturday night in Columbus with my best friend Suzi, which was a treat.

I was in town Monday and Tuesday, then spent Wednesday in Cody with our publisher for the final run through of our Hyattville book. This project has been four years in the making, and we will send it off to the printer this week! We are very excited. Yes, that is what some of you will be getting for Christmas! Then Thursday Kyle and I took advantage of Mom being here and took off for Deadwood for a couple of days. The weather was chilly but nice, and we got to visit the museum and some historical sites this time. We really got hit hard that we are now getting "old" when we were too tired to go out again after an early dinner Saturday and were in bed at 6:30! My excuse was being 15 weeks pregnant, and Kyle's was he only had 3 hours of sleep the night before because we got there so late. Still, it was sort of a sorry site. It was a really fun weekend, though. Of course there was some antique shopping involved...
Kyle will leave again tomorrow for a week in North Dakota and expects to be busy all week. We said prayers today for a safe trip. I am feeling OK. Some days are better than others, but lately I've been feeling sick again. I still think it's a boy, but Kyle is not convinced. My mom is still here and has been a big help, and we will miss her when she leaves Wednesday. We hope you all had a great weekend and will have a good week. Hugs to all.

5 comments:

Ashli said...

WOW, you do more being a mother and pregnant that I did as a single gal. Does Miss Natalie even know who her momma is anymore? ha.ha. I'm glad that you had a good weekend. Sorry we missed ya.

karrie said...

We have embarked on a new journey at our house we are trying potty training. So far we are 1 out of 4. One time going in the potty and 4 times in our pants. Will try again tomorrow. We may not be quite ready yet.
Had a really nice time in Holyoke, Logan hid Easter eggs for Maddy and she had lots of fun. She doesn't really like Austin though. He tries really hard, but she just tells him "NO"

JessicaT said...

Karrie, My advice is to keep trying but not get frustrated if it takes her a while. Natalie still has accidents and has since stopped telling me when she needs to go, so I'm back to telling her to go every two hours or so. On the way home from Cody today she went twice, even though she went before we got back in the car. However, she did not have an accident the rest of the day, including the trip over. There are just ups and downs. I'm just glad she makes the effort and hope to have it pretty much under control by this summer. Why is Austin so scarry?

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fabulous Easter! Natalie sure looks like she was on a mission for some candy yo! Wish I could have been there - it was fun last year! Jessica - you shold just come out here when kyle goes away for work - ha ha - fat chance I know...a girl can dream...can't wait for July!!! talk to you soon. Loves loves loves

Anonymous said...

Jess, it WOULD be great if you and Natalie could just hop on over to PDX when Kyle has to be away for so long. Sigh.... But it was much fun being in Worland. So wish we had gotten that precious photo of Natie & Brody standing at the back of the church on Easter, waiting to bring the offerings up to the altar. Looking forward to more lambie pix. Hugs & kisses -