Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our School Girl

Well, Natalie went and registered for preschool today! We stayed at the open house for more than an hour and of course had a fit when we had to leave. She doesn't understand she'll be coming back. Here she is before we left this morning giving a thumbs-up for school. The teachers are just great and have a ton of projects planned, so it will be a lot of fun for her. She starts the first week of September.

Here is a video of her playing with friends Hannah and Adison this weekend. We had the girls all day Sunday, and Daddy made them a "pool" in the ditch to swim in. They had a blast.

I had a routine doctor appointment yesterday and everything looks great. My blood pressure is even a little on the low side, and I lost a few pounds this week! I've been having very sharp, precise pain in my lower right side for the last 2 weeks, and she said Beckett is likely "resting" on my ovary and its large nerve, but it could also be a little cyst/tumor that we'll keep an eye on after I deliver. NOT a big deal, kind of common, she said. Anyway, the pain gets pretty bad sometimes and is starting to affect my sleep, so keep your fingers crossed that he's not a late baby! She said if I go another 2 or 3 weeks, then go into early labor I could have him then. We'll do a full exam to see if I'm dialated at the next visit. Not much else is new here, just cleaning up inside and out for a BBQ this Friday before Kyle leaves for North Dakota again. This will be his last trip before Beckett comes.

Natalie is really starting to think about Beckett a lot lately. The other day I got a little sick feeling when I picked her up to put her in the car, so I set her down and gave the proverbial, "whew." She asked what was wrong and I said my tummy just didn't feel good for a second. She patted my tummy and said, "Silly Beckett." It was so cute. And just this morning while driving to preschool she randomly asked if Baby Beckett was moving around. She'll also get on her play cell phone and talk to him, so I think she's excited to have a new brother...only time will tell how long it will last!

In other news, my good college friend Lauren had a baby girl yesterday! She did not have an easy labor, so I'm sending prayers for a quick recovery. Little Blake Marie was 7 pounds 1 ounce, and I can't wait to meet her when I go to Billings next week. Hope all is well with everyone.

5 comments:

Ashli said...

Hopefully with this heat and your activeness, you will blow through this labor with flying colors. We'll be thinking about you. Nat sounds like she's not going to have a problem with preschool. Stuart is getting a bit of the butterflies over his. We'll do openhouse on the first day, so that should help. Macy is eagerly waiting to start school. She's even up for the shots that I think she many still need. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Wow - September is going to be a month of new life in more ways than one! I think Natie will be a mah-velous Big Sis. Hope the pre-delivery issues are finished presenting. Sounds like I'd best not delay getting moved and ready to hit the road! Can hardly wait!
Love and hugs,
Grammie

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that little Natalie is already starting pre-school, what a big girl she is turning into. Can't wait to see you guys.
Love Auntie Karrie

denise said...

We are so happy for all of you. Congratulations! You are all blessed. I enjoy watching you parent Natalie. Natalie and Beckett will be so much fun. Get some rest, both of you.

denise said...

Oops! dkd is Denise.