Friday, August 22, 2008

The Bug Whisperer

Well, the big news is...no news. I'm still cramping a lot but have not gone into full labor yet. Kyle is home now, so I'm sure nothing will happen now that I'm prepared! Yesterday Natalie and I went to a play date and lunch, then cleaned house a bit and got the bassinet ready. She still talks to Beckett every day to tell him to come out soon and play with her, and she asks a lot if it's time to go to the hospital! I also had fun getting caught up on some more scrapbooking last night. My friend Amanda gets people together once a week at her house after the kids go to bed to keep on top of things. Since Kyle was home I joined her from 9 to midnight, and it was a blast! I'm determined to be caught up on Natalie's book by the time I start Beckett's. Thanks Amanda!



And here is our "Bug Whisperer." I got her this bug house a few weeks ago, and many a grasshopper, beetle, spider and bee have met their demise in it. This morning was cooler, so the grasshoppers were a little slow. She got a huge one and toted him around for an hour outside on her hand and giving him stroller rides. She would put him down and say, "stay put because I'll be right back." They are her little live dolls for outside. It's really entertaining to watch. The morning was so beautiful we just sat outside for an hour or so with Daddy before he went to work. It made me feel that fall is upon us soon, and I just LOVE that time of year. I guess it's fitting that both my kids will have fall birthdays...




That's about it for news from the Tharp house. We'll keep everyone updated on the baby. Today Natalie and I will get a few errands done and have lunch with friends...and wait and wait and wait for Beckett! We hope this week brings peace and joy to you all.

4 comments:

Ashli said...

We'll be waiting and waiting, and waiting with you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my....these pictures are the best I have ever seen!! I can practically feel your fall weather by the pics and your description. I wish I could have some fall...:(.
Veddy veddy excited for lil B to come out. Cant wait! Call as soon as he starts making his way! Yayyyyyyy! I want to come out in October I think..so let me know what's a good weekend.
ps- Thanks for the shout-out!
Lots of Love` sum

stamplady said...

With the way you were acting when you left last night, I thought that today would be the day for sure- 10 more hours left, I guess it still could happen! I had so much fun chatting and scrapping with you last night!

Daddy-O said...

Way to go Nat