Saturday, August 2, 2008

Natalie's First Parade

This morning was Natalie's parade debut. It's fair week, so it was one of the bigger ones. We rode on the float to promote a one cent sales tax for community improvements. A lot of her play group friends were there, too, so she had a lot of fun. I think we threw out about 2o pounds of candy! This was her first of many parades, I'm sure...
Here she is with her friend Hailee...


And all the kids took turns riding on the bouncy horse. We had a late night last night because we watched Daddy pig wrestle at the fair. His team came in fourth with about a 16 second time, so they were out of the money, but it was a lot of fun to watch. We didn't get home until 10:30, so making the 8:30 float call this morning was a bit of a challenge...


We will head to the rodeo in Thermopolis tonight with Guy and Jill to celebrate Guy's birthday today, and tomorrow we'll have a day-long play date with some friends. Their mom has to work all day, so we're having the girls over to play at our house. They are four and almost two, and the three have a lot of fun together. I guess I'll get my first taste of what three kids would be like for a day! Cassidy (the mommy) has always been so good at helping me out when I need someone to watch Natalie, so I owe her big time. It should be fun, and I'm sure Natalie will sleep well tomorrow night!

My hips are a little sore from bleacher sitting so much at fair lately, but we only have 6 more weeks from today until Beckett's due date! Again...I could go for an early birthday (he he he). Kyle is actually home this weekend, which is nice since he didn't get any of his days off he was supposed to have this last week. He'll be home one more week and then head back to North Dakota next Monday. Hope all is well with everyone, and hugs to all.

2 comments:

stamplady said...

We missed the parade, overslept! We could have made it, but I wasn't in the mood to ruch around to get ready! looks like everyone had a great time! Amanda

Ashli said...

I can't believe that you are so close and we haven't even seen your belly. Take pictures for me...PLEASE! Hope you get some time to relax soon.