Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Birthday For Momma...

Well, I had a great birthday to start me off into my 31st year. My dad told me on my 15th birthday that I was half way to 30, which is something I've thought about every year since then. Now I'm there, which his half way to 60, which is (unless science really evolves over the next few decades) is well over half way to dead! Anyway, it was fun to have a quiet celebration. Being pregnant makes it really easy to do that! We went to Hyattville Saturday night for prime rib and then to Jill's for cake. She remembered that carrot cake is my favorite and bought me a yummy one, but Mom, nothing beats the homemade ones you used to make me! I did miss seeing all of my Portland/California family, but we'll have a great visit in July. After dinner Kyle and Guy lit leftover fireworks from 4th of July.

We spent the night and Sunday I filled in as Sunday School teacher, which was fun. We talked about sharing. We then headed over to Forshee's and had a fun time visiting and branding. It was in the 50's when we got there and a few hours later it had droped about 25 degrees and was snowing with terrible wind! It was still a fun time, and Natalie loved playing with Baby Kruze. She also got to ride Wyatt's pony, so now she wants one of those!

Here is a shot of Natalie and Dyle in the golf cart Saturday. We made a family affair out of it. I miss riding around with him like I used to, even though golf holds absolutely no interest for me what so ever. Sorry, Dad. Natalie came along and had fun chasing spare balls and robins on the fairways, and she was asleep in my arms by the 14th hole.
Here is Momma's birthday picture in Hyattville. Just think, next year there will be a little boy in it! Yes, we are still excited.
Here is Natalie enjoying her first sparkler. She wasn't sure about them at first, but then really liked them. I think we went through three packages of them!
And here is Kyle's destructive behavior for the night. He and Guy were setting off some sort of firecracker and he accidentally hit a bird's nest and set it on fire. Don't worry, it was one from last year and had no one living in it at the time. It was pretty funny that of all the things to accidentally hit, that was it.

Anyway, that was our weekend. Natalie and I had a fun birthday lunch Monday and dinner tonight with friends. We also had a fun play date at the park today before my dentist appointment. The weather was beautiful! Jill was kind enough to take my place today visiting the publisher again in Cody. That project will be finished one of these days... Kyle will leave for North Dakota again tomorrow, so please send prayers for a safe trip. It's sad it had to happen now because Aunt Karrie and Cousin Madison are coming this weekend for Grandpa Eddie's 80th birthday. It will be a shame he has to miss it, but we LOVE him for working so hard for our family and so I can stay home with Natalie. I know it will be hard for him. We hope you all had a fun and safe weekend and that a good week is in store. Hugs to all.

3 comments:

Ashli said...

Happy Birthday LATE! I'm glad you had a great time. Looks like you are keeping so busy, it makes me tired just reading about it. Have a great week.

Forshee Family said...

I love your family picture. I was laughting hard when you explained that was a birds nest. (I also am glad it was not in use)..but what are the chances?!!
Thank you again for the help and chattting last Sunday. You and Your family mean alot to my little family.
PS Nate Boyd nearly got killed by my horse last night..oops!

The DeCoteau's said...

I am just catching up on your blog. I tend to miss quite a bunch. I guess I will start checking it more often. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry, I didn't give you a call or anything...I completely forgot. I really need to get a calendar together that has all that kinda stuff. Anyway, looks like things are going pretty well for ya. The bird nest incident is absolutely hilarious...give Kyle an atta boy for me. And, CONGRATULATIONS again, it's nice to know that Blake will have a little boyfriend in Wyoming.