Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Girl Time!

Well, we had a really fun trip to Montana this past weekend, despite 2 degree weather and lots of snow! I got to hang out with Suzi and Lauren most of Friday and Saturday, then bummed around Lauren's again Sunday while I waited for Kyle to finish his tournament. It was so much fun! It's hard to believe we've known each other for 10 years this year and now we all have babies the same age! Those college days are long gone, but it's fun to laugh about them now. Kyle and I got to meet Gracie Ella, born in November. She is such the opposite of her big sis Claire. Gracie has red hair and blue eyes and still looks like a newborn because she's so tiny! Lauren's little Blake, born in August, is growing like a weed and has lighter hair now than when I last saw her. We have some great video of her and Beckett "talking" to each other. They're sitting in the same chair, touching each other's faces and just having a great old time. As soon as Brune sends it to me I'll post it. I missed my little Natalie dearly, but she had fun with Grandma and Grandpa, naming all the new calves Panda and Bambi and freckles. Here are some weekend photos...

Suzi, Jess and Lauren... now the college mommies instead of roomies!

Beckett visiting with Gracie...


Suzi and Gracie...



Momma and Beckett...
Beckett was really struggling with teeth last week and screamed almost all the time and quit sleeping! I thought for sure he had an ear infection or something, but he got all checked out and was diagnosed as an early teether due to his swollen gums and constant hand-chewing. Tylenol and teething gel helped a little, but he finally got some relief when that bottom tooth decided to go down again instead of poke through. Hopefully this will get easier for him. I don't remember Natalie having that much trouble, but they say it's different for each kiddo. At any rate, he slept a lot on our trip catching up from his lack thereof last week. He also tried his first rice cereal last night and ate a few spoonfulls. Our little man is sure growing fast!
As Nattie told her teacher this morning, "We had an adventure last night!" We sure did. The power went out last night, and after a few hours the temperature in the house had dropped a lot, so at 4:30 this morning I packed up the kids and headed into town to Mandy's house! I knew I could count on her, and I thought Brad would be working nights, which he wasn't. Anyway, we camped out in their spare room under the electric blanket and came home about 9:30 this morning once all was restored to normal. Being without power isn't that big of a deal...unless it's 28 below zero! Yes, it is very cold here now, and we were worried about the kids getting too cold and having no warm bottles for Beckett. Natalie kept asking why our house was broken, and we told her hopefully it wouldn't last long! When Kyle called in the wee hours they said they didn't know how ling it would take, but luckilly not longer than it did because we were worried about the pipes freezing. Anyway, THANKS BRAD AND MANDY for letting us invade your home.
Not much more news from us. We hope you all are staying happy and warm! Hugs to all.



6 comments:

Ashli said...

That's alot of babies! I am always so worried that we will have the same problem when it gets so cold out. I think that is why I am such a stickler for a fireplace now. If we never use it, at least we have it if we need it....well, if we have the wood here!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh soo cute! You gals all look great! I wish I was there to play too! Love you~ Auntie sum

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh soo cute! You gals all look great! I wish I was there to play too! Love you~ Auntie sum

Forshee Family said...

Hey lady!
Your gal pals look great!
Ahh what a scary thing. We need to install a stove for you.
When are we going to get together for dinner? This weekend work for you and your hubby?
Let me know
A

Anonymous said...

Fun to see how you wild and crazie college gals turned into Mommies. . . . Little Gracie looks SO like her daddy! Glad you got away for a change of scene and precious visit with friends. And very glad my dear grandchildren escaped from becoming popsicles! Can hardly wait to see you!
Hugs & Kisses, Grammie

The DeCoteau's said...

It was so great to visit with you and Beckett while you were here. I really miss having good friends closer...not that you're THAT far away. But, it's not quite like the college days when you got to see friends daily. I finally sent you the pics and video. Let me know if you didn't get it. Hope you're keeping the kiddos warm!