Friday, September 12, 2008

One Week Old

Well, We've survived the first week! All in all, things are going great. Beckett lost some weight and is now 7 lbs 14 ounces, but the doc said he's just fine and had a little extra to lose! He's nursing well about every 2-3 hours, but was only up twice last night! He is a good sleeper for now, and this little man is such a joy. He rarely fusses and just loves to watch us and see what's going on. He loves to watch Natalie act out her plays and read stories, and she's very good around him. She wants to hold him all the time and even offered to help feed him...when I told her she really couldn't, she lifted up her shirt and said yes she could because she had nipples too! It was great.

Speaking of great...my husband definitely fits that title! Kyle has been home all week and has been such a help- everything from dishes to sleeping on the couch to get up with Natalie and letting me sleep in until 8 every morning! I don't remember the last time I got to sleep in that much! So far, juggling mornings has been the hardest, simply because there's so much to do to get ready to leave the house, and she's up so early. But things are so amazing and we feel so blessed. Having two beautiful, healthy children is more than we could ask for.


"I do not understand the mystery of grace- only that it meets us where we are, but does not leave us where it found us." ~ Anne LaMott

Natalie has been asking if Beckett can sleep with her, and tonight she settled for having him next to her during her bedtime story.


Here she is holding him. She loves to rub her nose on his soft hair.


Here I am cuddling my little man...I just want to hold him all the time and keep him from getting any bigger!


Sleeping baby boy...


Awake baby boy...

And here is a video below of Natalie playing with him on the couch. He just loves to watch her, which is good because she's so busy she never seems to slow down! We went out and rode in the nice fall weather today (Kyle and Natalie did. I'm still not feeling up to it) and we're looking forward to my mom's visit this next week. Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the cooler weather! Hugs to all.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a treat to visit the blog spot and find an update. Thanks! I think Beckett looks bigger not smaller. Natalie is such a good big sister. Have a great rest of the night and a Terrific tomorrow, I'll be visiting with you later. I love you all so much.

Daddy-O said...

I am so excited for you guys. And Kyle didn't even need my help this time. Ha Ha. Catch ya later.

Ashli said...

They sure are adorable. It's nice when you have a busy older one to entertain the little guys. Keep holding on to him....he'll be running around like a crazy one before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful family....Natalie is such a great big sister....we cannot wait to see you in November....Our baby is just a few weeks away! love to all
Anne L

Anonymous said...

What a precious family. We look forward to meeting Beckett when we get out of Colorado!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess its Jeremias I love the pics and think u have a beautiful family exspecially princess NATALIE lol hug baby Beckett for me a few times k Your friend Jeremias Santana Arellano

The Greers said...

Looks like life is good! It is fun to see our girls become little mommies when the baby arrives, isn't it? Madison and Allison just can't get enough of Dawson...holding, tickling, snuggling, playing...I love it and I can tell you do too!

The DeCoteau's said...

He is just too sweet! And, it is so funny to see Natalie being a helpful big sister. It sounds like things are going pretty well, and we hope you continue to get the much needed rest. Also, I LOVE the videos!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww so cute! I love it! Planning my trip this week hopefully! HI NATALIIIEEEEE!!!! Love Auntie Sumsum

Anonymous said...

What a great little family! Nice to see how much Natalie and Becket like each other. Enjoy these days when they are so little and new--aren't they just magical times?

I think they will have lots of fun in the future too when Becket is up and around and a hardy playmate for Natalie.

Bless you all!

Pat

stamplady said...

Looks like things are going well! Baby looks just like daddy. thank you for William's gift, sorry we missed you. I helped him put it together tonight, it was a stretch for my rusty brain- but he loved it! Hope to see you soon! Amanda