Saturday, October 11, 2008

Natalie's First Snowman

The first snows have hit, and since Mom decided to stay another few days, I got to go out and play with Natalie while she and Beckett stayed in. This is the first snow where Natalie has been old enough to build a snowman, so that was our mission today!


Who needs two eyes? We used the tips we cut off of our last garden carrots for the nose and eyes, but they were so rubbery they didn't want to stay stuck!


What a great team! We usually get dry snows, so it was fun to be able to make things actually stay together.


After we were done with the snowman, which Bella destroyed in less than 5 minutes after we came inside, Nattie had fun rolling around. I love how pink her cheeks got!


This picture is for Nana Brooks to show off the big sister shirt she gave Natalie. It is so adorable and is embroidered with a brown-haired girl, which of course is Natalie.

We ventured out to a holiday craft fair at the community center this morning and got a few cute things from local vendors. That's how I prefer to shop, though it's not always possible in a small town. We then came home to play in the snow and make homemade beef barley soup with a roast I cooked yesterday. YUMMY! I love making soups in the winter...at least a pot a week and then just eating leftovers for days.

Not sure we'll make it to church tomorrow with the weather, but we'll be sending good thoughts and prayers out to everyone for a good next week, especially Grammie and Daddy with their long drives home. Hugs to all (and much love to Daddy).

5 comments:

The DeCoteau's said...

How cute! Blake's not quite old enough to get out in the snow, so we are pretty much stuck inside for the time being. Once daddy wakes up for the day, I may venture out to run some errands. The pictures of you, Natalie, and the snowman are great. Sorry, I didn't make it down this weekend. We really wanted to meet Beckett in person, but I really didn't want to have to worry about the roads. We'll definitely try to get down there if it warms up within the next couple weeks.

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs! I'm so glad you caught that rainbow too! I tood sever pictures of it. My mom and I were on our way home from Worland that day!

Love you and hope to see you at Nat's party!
xxoo

Ashli said...

We had a blast in the snow too! I'm glad that Natalie had someone to go out and play with her...it gets hard to do things when you have a tiny one around and you're the only adult. Keep enjoying the weather.

stamplady said...

What fun pictures! I had sooooooo much fun scrapping on Friday night, we'll definately do it again soon! Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hey there just checked the blog and it looked like you had a lot of fun in the snow. You need to come to our house and go sledding we have the perfect hill for little sledders. I just got back went with Chad for a week in the truck. Chad and I got along great and had a nice time, but that was the longest I have been away from my baby, it was harder on me then her. She had lots of fun with Grandma, Aunt Danny, and Camden. We will be calling tomorrow to sing happy birthday to Natalie
Love ya,
Karrie