Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun On The Mountain

I headed up the mountain this weekend with the kids and Jill to visit Daddy and Grandpa Guy at hunting camp. They needed toilet paper and hay for the horses...I'm not sure which need was more pressing! The weather was absolutely beautiful, and the ride up was pretty nice in the new pickup...Jill and I both took advantage of our seat warmers in the morning. That in itself is worth a few extra bucks when buying a new vehicle! Anyway, they had the stoves going for us so we stayed toasty warm, but that didn't stop Miss Natalie (now a big 3 year old) from wanting to ride a few times.

Grandpa and Natalie on Buford, Guy's colt. He has turned out to be a really special horse.


Taking a peek at the elk quarters they packed out that morning...


And here is the birthday girl in her new butterfly wings from Auntie Sumner. She loves to put them on and run around the house like crazy flapping her arms. I also got good video of it.


My beautiful butterfly...
We had fun at play group this morning and made chili with fresh tomatoes for dinner. Nattie is my helper by dumping the cans of beans in! I got some tomatoes canned this weekend with the help of my neighbor Cindy and thanks to Grandma Jill taking Natalie for a night. Kyle has been up the mountain for about a week, so I have not been getting much done on my own. He'll be home tomorrow, though, and we can't wait! I'm busy helping to organize a craft bazaar for the middle of November, which I'm really excited about. We're also excited about Beckett's baptism this coming Sunday. We wish you all from far away could be with us, but we know you'll be there in spirit. It is such a special time, and we really love our church and are excited to officially bring Beckett into our extended church family. Not much else is new here, just enjoying the cool fall weather. We hope you all have a wonderful week!


"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

2 comments:

Ashli said...

Who got a new pickup? Did I miss something in past readings? We love our seat warmers, and the leather is so much nicer to wipe clean from the kids. Love the butterfly wings...she's a doll.

The DeCoteau's said...

I did happen to get the chance to visit with both Tiff and Suzi last weekend. It was nice to catch up.

Natalie just gets cuter by the day, and I still can't wait to get a chance to meet Beckett in person. It looks like the weather might be decent the next couple of weekends...are you busy at all? I might try to head your way with little Miss Blake if that's okay. Let me know.