Thursday, December 4, 2008

December Is Here!!!

WOW... What a trip! We had a lot of fun visiting friends and family, but we are glad to be back in our own beds after 11 days on the road. The kids were really good for the most part on the plane ride, but it is definitely something I'm not ready to tackle on my own yet with two babes! We spent the first part of the trip in Washington with my dad and the second part in Oregon with my mom. All along the way we got to visit with friends and shop, even eat great shushi (as always, thanks Karen and Seth for the goos times and laughs). I was, however, very disappointed that Beckett and little Leyah couldn't meet. The weekend we got there she was hospitalized with meningitis, which was very scary. She finally broke her 104 fever and got to go home after a few days, but she wasn't to be around kids or held by others much for two weeks. We'll have to try again this summer! I did get to have a wonderful visit with her momma and LOOK at her, though, and she is beautiful! Anyway, we are now gearing up for a fun Christmas at home with a visit from Aunt Karrie, Cousin Madison and Uncle Chad. We got the tree up yesterday, and for the first time Natalie helped me decorate. It was great. We hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving, and here are some of our pictures...


Aunties Sumner and Hannah...it was so much fun to see my sisters!!! Congrats Auntie Hannah on scoring an A on her big nursing exam this week.


We took Natalie to ride on the carousel (spelling?) in Washington. It is the fastest one in the world at 10 miles per hour! I actually got a little dizzy.


Beckett got to meet Great Aunt Shirley and Karen in Vancouver.


Here is the "10th Street Gang" the day after Thanksgiving...what a fun time!



Here is Natalie with her special friend Nannie Evie...



And here we are with Ipa and Jimmilea.


Grammie's house at Thanksgiving.


Our 3-month old boy!
Yes, Beckett is 3 months old today. I can hardly believe it. He's over 13 pounds now adn loves to laugh. Hope you all are doing well and getting into the Christmas spirit! Many hugs and much love to all.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nice blog. This is such a neat way to communicate with everyone. Can't believe how much the kids are growing and changing. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving, and we are glad you are back in Wyoming. Thanks for being so faithful about posting to Diane and Curt's website--I'm not nearly as faithful as you and Grandma Jill.
Linda

Ashli said...

Looks like you had a blast. I can't believe how much your baby boy has changed. WOW! Time is flying by.

Forshee Family said...

beautiful pictures! Glad you had a good trip. your family looks great.

The DeCoteau's said...

Thanks for the lunch invite the other day. I've been completely slammed at work, so I didn't even get the chance to return your call...SORRY. I was going to go visit Suzi yesterday, but the storm hit. I think she is going to be in town on Tuesday, so I'll make sure I have the clothes along so she can pick them up if she wants. Love the new picks of Natalie and Beckett! He is just getting so big!!! Hope you are staying warm.