Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Magic

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!


It is so wonderful to have two amazing kids in the house, with it all decorated and watching tree lights and reading the Nativity Story. I just feel so blessed every moment lately. I've been spending a lot of time with Natalie when I put her to bed because it seems like that's our good quality time when I can pay attention to only her. Beckett is usually dozing then, so it works out very well. We talk about the day, read stories and sing a song (her favorite Christmas song hands down is "Jingle Bells"). Well, last night Natalie brought tears to my eyes. We don't say prayers every night, mostly because sometimes it's a struggle just to get into bed and be quiet, but on the good nights where everything goes smoothly we've started to get into the routine of bedtime prayers. I feel it's just a nice way to be thankful for the day and focus on what's really important, and I do most of my own praying in the quiet of night. Anyway, I knew thay had been working on prayer in Sunday School, but last night was a pleasant surprise. She imediately folded her hands and said, "God bless..." and continued to list our whole family, grandparents included, and her friend Jeremiah that works with Jill at the store. It was such a touching moment. Usually I explain what prayers are and do most of the talking because she doesn't offer anything to say, but last night she took over, which was magical. SHARON, know you are making such a wonderful difference in these kids' lives at Sunday School! Thank you for being such a great teacher.

OK, now that I've cleared the tears from my eyes, here's the school project Nattie brought home last week that is hanging in the kitchen.

And I managed to catch Little Man Beckett in the middle of a belly laugh the other day. Hard to believe he's going to be 4 months old in a couple of weeks! He is so close to rolling over on his own that is should be any day now. He can get almost all the way over, just needs to work on that last little kick!
Work has been on the slow side for Kyle this week, so I'm hoping he doesn't get sent to North Dakota again around Christmas. They are super busy and always need help up there. He is on call Christmas and has the next 3 days off after that, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. We are so excited to see Madison, Karrie and Chad next week, and Daddy will turn the big 32 Dec. 30. We are also so excited to meet the new Griemsman baby due any time now! I'm sure he'll be adorable. Speaking of adorable children, looks like my prayers about getting a trip to Columbus will come true in January! Kyle has a 3-day weekend at the end of the month and wants to go to Billings, so Smith Family, here we come! We'll finally get to meet Gracie and catch up with "my college mommies" Suzi and Lauren. It is so fun to have kids the same age!

We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday, and we'll post Christmas pictures next week!!! Love and peace to you all.

4 comments:

Ashli said...

That preschool project is so cute...I have had to start a collection place for all of ours. Macy's is now in a binder and Stu's will be towards the end of the school year. They love to go back and look at them. Baby B is getting so big and had a great smile. I hope that Kyle stays around for the holidays and Nat keeps up on the prayers. Our nights are always filled with great prayers from three of the four babies...love that time of the day.

Anonymous said...

Nattie, your Christmas Tree is beautiful! And YOU are a work of art. Isn't is so fun to have Christmas coming. Baby Beckett looks like a HappyJollySweet little elf! The story about night prayers brings tears to my eyes, too, lovely Mommy, remembering some very sweet moments with you as a child. Hope Daddy gets to stick around and enjoy together time too. Hugs and kisses to all!

Anonymous said...

Nattalie, Thanks for the prayers!
IPA

Uncle Kendrick and Aunt Sharon said...

ohh COOL! It is really a scary thing having such an influence over God's children! I always pray that God just touches my heart with what He wants the kids in my life to learn & know and give me a way to do it that is pleasing to Him! God is Great!