Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Keepsake From Nana Brooks...


Well, it was so nice Sunday that we pulled out the sun dresses for church, and I put her in this adorable blue one that my Nana made for me when I was little! It is still in great condition and she absolutely loved the ruffles and how it twirled...


I just think it's so special to have a keepsake like this to pass down. Maybe one day I'll be able to make an item of clothing, but I'm going to place my bet on quilts. My friend Mandy wants to teach me, and the more I learn about it the moreI think I could actually do it. The test will be to see how patient I can be!


And here is Miss Nattie painting today. It was a little to chilly (we got more rain tonight!) to play outside in the pool today, so she painted twice! Daddy goy home last night and let me sleep in this morning (could I ask for more?) and they had already painted by the time I got up at 8 o'clock. Then I painted again with her this afternoon. She just loves color and creating things, which is such a joy.

I had a doctor's checkup yesterday for me and Beckett, and everything looks good. The little bugger was moving around so much we could hardly keep a heartbeat count on him, but he's doing just fine. It's hard to believe we only have about 3 months left! We have pretty much decided to use Great Grandpa Chauncey's middle name "Lee" for Beckett's middle name, which I think fits well. We used Brooks from my side of the family for Natalie, so I wanted to use something from Kyle's side this time if it worked out. That will make his initials BLT, but I guess there are worse ones! Hope you all have a good rest of the week and a fun weekend. We will head to Powell after church Sunday to celebrate Chauncey's birthday and Guy and Jill's anniversary. Then we'll start packing for Nebraska! Hugs to all.

2 comments:

Ashli said...

BLT isn't that bad. Stuart is living with SAT. Glad to hear that you are getting some rest and that Miss Natalie is enjoying her last few months of being the only child. We've had a round of wierd weather too, so I completely understand the need for alternative ideas.

Anonymous said...

Hey you forgot that it is also Cool Aunt Karrie's Middle name