Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread Fun!

We had so much fun making gingerbread (graham cracker) houses yesterday! Natalie got very artistic and Beckett had fun eating frosting. Mine didn't hold up long under the weight of gumdrops, but I did manage to get a picture of it before it fell! This is definitely a tradition we'll carry on through the years.


Our tree... one of my favorite spots in the house now! I love sit just sit and read or talk on the phone while I look at the tree. It just spells "comfort" and "home" for me at Christmas!

My house, literally 3 minutes before it fell!

Natalie's creation- the "gingerbread house that went through a tornado."

Every detail has to be perfect...

I love Beckett's face in this picture! He was just itching to dig in to all the frosting!



The frosting queen.

It was a fun, relaxing afternoon that I will remember for a long time. Hope you all are staying happy, stress-free and healthy for the holidays! Hugs to all.

2 comments:

Ashli said...

CUTE! When we did those, we put an empty milk carton (like the ones they get at school, but taller) under to help support the weight...just a thought for next year.

Grammie said...

Soooo fun! Your tree is beautiful-maybe from Oregon? . . . Can't believe Christmas is two weeks from today! I don't remember that we ever did gingerbread houses when you girls were kiddos - did we??
XOOXO Grammie